Saturday, August 4, 2007

[Fiona] She Lives

Not that anyone in blog land is worried about me, but yes, I am still alive. My life has recently seen an increase in life changing stress and so I haven't felt much like blogging.

That is until today. Today I feel spry.

My mom recently passed away and I have been solely left with the responsibility of caring for my Pops. He is healthy for his age but has the suckiest memory known to man. He knows who I am but can't remember small things like: did I eat? bathe? feed the dog? Small and yet important.

He recently said to me, "I don't know what's wrong with the dog. She goes poop like four times a day. Do you think I should call the vet?"

Apparently the dog knows my dad's memory sucks and being the pig I know her to be, pesters him for snackies she just doesn't need. I have taken to taping a sign on my dad's microwave that says "Don't feed the dog" which seems to work pretty well most of the time. Occassionally, however, my Pops will call me and ask, "how come I can't feed the dog? is she sick?"

He'll laugh because on some level he knows it is because he can't remember things like he used to. Thank god he still has his sense of humor.

I love this man, to me he is unforgettable and I pray that he will always be able to remember me.

No comments: