Friday, March 2, 2007

[Shrek] The beginning

A couple days ago I mentioned to my wife [Fiona] that it would be fun if we were to set up a blog where we would both be able to post about things we were thinking about, or stuff that interests us...stuff like that. Now I know that separately we both have enough to say to have our own blogs, but where's the fun in having two different blogs? Plus as an added benefit if one of us gets lazy there will still be some updates. And anyone that knows who we are knows it's going to happen.

As if this needs an explanation, posts titles that starts with [Shrek] are mine, and those that start with [Fiona] are my wife's. On occasion you'll see both, meaning we wrote it together.

To make it perfectly clear, there isn't any shred of truth to the rumor Fiona and I started this blog in response to our friend Josie Brown calling us "a pair of our Sharks-going buddies" and not giving us cool nicknames in her 2/28 post on her blog on the T&G's site (The Night Fantastic, linked in the menu on the right). I realize the rumor hasn't been started yet, but when we're all famous and have our own Wikipedia entries it will rear its ugly head, so I thought I'd nip it in the bud right now.

If you haven't figured it out by now, neither Fiona nor I will be taking this too seriously. There will be lots of sarcasm, lots of humor--or maybe more correctly--attempts at humor, and the occasional rant about topics, both Worcester related and national, that raise our ire.

Let the games begin.

No comments: