Saturday, June 9, 2007

[Fiona] The Question of Family

I apologize in advance as this post is a departure in tone from my usual posts. I haven't posted anything new in awhile. My life is complicated right now by the illness of my Mom. My mother is a walking textbook of ill health. Name a condition and it is likely that she either lives with it or has had it at some time or other. Earlier this week my mom passed out and was rushed to the hospital. My mother is currently in the CCU. Now about the question I have about family. Is it my duty to inform relatives she is sick? These relatives have in essence largely ignored my family for years. My mother has some serious mental health issues. This may be part of the reason why she(we)have been shunned. For the record it was not easy being raised by a dysfunctional parent. I know that life with my mother has not always been easy for my dad but he loves this woman with his whole being; as do I. I am the person I am because of her, inspite of her and with her help, guidance and love. She loved me the best way she knew how. I started this post on my mom's birthday, June9th.She passed away on June 11.

No comments: