Saturday, March 3, 2007

[Fiona] A Conversation With My Cat

First let me say that I LOVE Saturday mornings. I sleep in. Cartoons are on and I find myself in a light-hearted mood brought on by memories of childhood and cartoons and scrambled eggs.

I awoke this morning to a room filled with the warm rays of the sun filtering through my curtains and my cat talking. Yes, I said talking, not to me but to the birds. "Meep, brrmeow, grrmeep, brrmeow".

I stretched out the night kinks in my muscles and reached down along side the bed to give the cat a pat on the head. "Brrmeow,meep,mee,mee,brrmeow?"

Silly cat, do you really think the birds are going to sympathize with you and calmy fly into your mouth?

Every morning it's the same routine. Cat wants the flying mysteries outside my window, cat is disappointed. Proves the old saying: Hope Springs Eternal. I must say the cat never seems to let down. Afterall, there's always tomorrow, right?

I talk to the cat in soothing tones and promise her some snackies. We toddle off to the kitchen together. I set the coffee pot up and give out the promised treats. Later as I pour yet another life renewing cup of rich, dark coffee I can hear the cat off in the distance talking to the birds..."Brrrmeow, meep?"

Who knows, maybe they are friends just catching up on yesterdays news.

No comments: